FAQ – FOR HEALTH AND LIFE QUESTIONS
Why do i need health insurance?
Whether you’re healthy or chronically ill, health insurance can provide ﬁnancial protection you will need for both routine and unexpected healthcare needs Health insurance can help protect you from high medical costs, whether expected or not, through copayments out of pocket limits and network arrangements with health providers.
Do you have health insurance that is not Obamacare?
Yes we do sell other health plans like Indemnity where the company pays for your healthcare first with lower premium cost as well, Short Term plans, MEC plans, as well as many other supplemental plans that safe you cost and better access to medical providers .
What is a premium?
Is the payment to an insurance company for the purchase of an insurance product.
What is a deductible?
That is the amount you must pay first with a Major Medical plan, but with an Indemnity Plan the deductible is paid down first by the plan.
What type of insurance do you offer?
I offer all line of coverage from Auto & Home to Medicare, Health & Life insurance Whats the difference between medicare part A,B,C&D ?
- Medicare Part A Hospital Insurance covers – Hospital room and board, Skilled Nursing, Home Health care & Hospice
- Medicare Part B Medical Insurance It’s a Fee for service plan that is 80/20
How does long term care insurance work?
Some needs Long term care when a person is not able to rehabilitate due to sickness, injury or have a form of Dementia. They may experience different levels of care. Most (70%) chose home health care., then they may go to assisted living or group home and possibly end up in institutional care
Does Medicare cover long term care?
No, Medicare covers Skilled Nursing for up to 100 days and only if the patient shows signs that they are rehabilitating
Why is LTC insurance important?
The main reason for LTC is to protect a person’s assets form Spend Down by Medicaid. They either have enough resources to cover the cost or the purchase a LTC policy, an Annuity with a LTC rider or Universal Life with LTC rider
What does long term care insurance cover?
They may experience different levels of care. Most (70%) chose home health care., then they may go to assisted living or group home and possibly end up in institutional care
What is life insurance?
It is an insurance policy that pays a tax-free lump sum to the beneficiaries of the policy upon the death of the insured
Are there different types of Life insurance?
Yes there are 3 main types
- Term Insurance is for a certain term that pays a death benefit if the insured dies within the term of the policy
- Universal Life is a permanent life insurance policy that has flexible premium as well as adjustable age parameters. It can also have a cash value where extra premium can build up inside the policy
- Whole Life is a permanent life policy that last’s the insureds whole life and also has a cash value component to it as well
Is Life insurance only pay out a death benefit?
No many of the newer plans have Living Benefits built into the policies such as
- Terminal illness – if diagnosed with 12 months or less to live you can take a certain percentage out of the policy to use as you see fit
- Critical Illness – can be taken out for help in recovering from things like Cancer, Heart Attack, Stroke and other conditions that may occur
- Chronic Illness – Will occur if the insured is not able to perform 2 of 6 ADL’s which will help with LTC
- Retirement – You can access the cash value by taking loans against it which will provide a tax free income for life
How much life insurance do i need?
The rule of thumb is 10 times your annual salary
How do i get health insurance?
You can purchase an individual policy from the Healthcare marketplace through the ACA
Or you can have it through the place that you work with a group plan
Or you can purchase other forms of insurance such as Indemnity plans Short term plans
Medi-share plans and MEC plans
Where can I get catastrophic health insurance coverage?
- Major Medical plans
- Fixed Indemnity plans
- Critical Illness plans
- Accident plans
- Specified disease plans
How much does health insurance cost?
The typical family of 4 with parents in their 40’s can pay any where between &1200 to $1600 with a high deductible if they don’t have tax credits on an ACA plan
Where you can have the same family on a Fixed Indemnity plan with Critical illness, Accident and Specified Disease for around $800 to $900 with out copays or coinsurance and minimal to no deductible with the ability to go to any doctor
What’s the difference between Medicare and Medicaid?
Medicare is a Federal Health plan for those turning 65, the disabled, those with End Stage Renal disease and those needing a kidney transplant
Medicaid I the a Federal and State plan for those that have low income